QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR SERVICES?
Spectrum staff use a variety of discovery options to obtain useful information to target appropriate businesses that match the skills of the job seeker and help the person become employed:
- Classes, seminars, workshops, or community-based recreational activities
- Volunteering or activities that would help to develop and improve work habits, skills and behaviors
- Building friendships and social networking skills by participating in community-based organizations
- Creating an individualized weekly schedule of activities that are personally fulfilling
- Transportation services which may include accessing and using public transportation
Communities we support
Spectrum currently provides Community Engagement Services in the following communities in Maryland:
- Allegany County
- Baltimore City (west side)
- Baltimore County (west side)
- Carroll County
- Frederick County
- Howard County (Columbia area)
Latonya joined Spectrum eager to learn and to be employed, and she is well on her way to meeting that goal. We have watched her improve in technology, independence, and self confidence, while making friends along the way. In February 2020 Latonya began volunteering at Ronald McDonald House Charities Maryland ( RMHCM). The team at RMHCM says Latonya is “ a hardworking lady”. They invited her to volunteer any time because of her “inviting attitude and personality”. We can’t wait to see what is yet to come for Latonya!